Host A Happiness House Party
In 5 easy steps
Step one: Decide on a location.
- Suggestion: your home or the home of a friend.
Step two: Invite friends, family, and classmates.
- Keep your party small and intimate. Any number from three to fifteen is great. Bigger than fifteen, it's hard to manage.
- Use Sennseis to announce your party, and to invite classmates to join. Use Meetup.com to manage your list, but only if neccessary.
- Guests do not need to be current students of the course. We are building a community, and the course will live on forever.
Step three: Provide food and beverages.
- Suggestion: Wine, water, bread & cheese.
- Don't spend a lot of money. And share the expense, if you can.
- Be creative.
Step four: Moderate a structured conversation.
- When starting the conversation, have everyone sit in a semicircle, with you in front serving as moderator.
- Ask people to take turns answering three questions: (1) who are you and what do you want to do next in your life; (2) what's standing in your way; (3) how can we help you using what we are learning in "The Science of Happiness."
- Suggestion: use a "talking stick" as a tool to manage the conversation.
Step five: Take photos, take notes, and let us know how it goes.